|A portrait of Wasabi's brain on the last few months - crazy photo collage by Wasabi Prime|
I don't really have a prettier way of showing what the Wasabi Life has been looking like over the last few months. This helpful diagram is probably the most informative way to illustrate the flowchart that inevitably leads to magenta scribbles floating around my unwashed, in-dire-need-of-a-haircut noggin. Not that I'm saying I'm miserable -- far from it. I'm just letting you know, apologies in advance if I just need to lay down an nap for a while, because it's been busy and it continues to remain busy as I hurdle through the week's deadlines with gazelle-like grace and fury. OK maybe no grace or fury. More like awkward stumbling and much swearing like a sailor.
But if you feel so inclined to see what I've been up to, you can take a gander at the latest menagerie of Wasaberie:
- Grab the latest copy of 425 Magazine, the spring health-themed issue that includes an article I wrote, listing some favorite salads around the 425 area code.
- Also on local newsstands and online - the spring issue of Bellevue Downtown Magazine, where I shot the cover and wrote a feature about new restaurant openings
- If you live in the Bay Area, grab a copy of Drink Me Magazine, or check it out online - I regularly develop booze-a-riffic themed recipes for them
- Speaking of recipe development, I worked on a tasty mini lamb burger with the folks at MySpiceSage, to show how you can use sumac in cooking
- And last, but certainly not least, I'm happy to say I'm a regular contributing writer at new online food magazine, Honest Cooking, and I have a monthly column called Sense Memory
So as we enter this realm called "The Weekend," and I hope to partake in some of its weekending goodness in the form of a frosty alcoholic beverage (or three), I leave you with another little glimpse into my sorry excuse for what I do in my spare time. Because even when I'm doing something as granny-tastic as embroidery, I still can't stay away from food. I'm either one step away from a recovery clinic or an Etsy shop, whatever comes first.
|Even when I'm crafting, it's still food-related. Help me. Someone. Before it's too late. - Photo by Wasabi Prime|