Friday, September 3, 2010

Mixed Plate: Wasabi-nouncement and Counting Blessings

For those who haven't already seen me Twitterify and Facebook this to death, if you live in the Puget Sound area, check out the latest fall issue of 425 Magazine, as it features the article Brewtiful Bounty that I wrote about local Washington breweries, with a long list of local favorites as well as noting some unique destination breweries like Redhook, Black Raven and Gallagher's Where-U-Brew. So pick up a copy (or twelve) before I buy up all the copies I can find to send to my family to show that "this writing thing" has not yet backfired horribly. At least for the month of September, anyway. Notify Andy Warhol's ghost because my fifteen minutes are so totally over.

The cover model is thinking, "baby, you look thirsty - let's have a beer."

Keep your eyes peeled in the month of October, as Foodista's Best of Food Blogs Cookbook will be published, featuring recipes from bloggers all over the world. I had my trademark "for realsies?" look on my face when I was told my Nice Girls Chicken Puttanesca recipe was a finalist, but had no idea it actually made the final cut. I'm still in disbelief. I was just happy enough to be a contender, and even more pleased to be invited to the International Food Blogger Conference the other week, but must have been really out of it to miss the final winner's list. I found out Thursday because they had to email me for official notification. It's official, all right -- I'm the winner of the Biggest Space-Case Award, but don't get me wrong -- I'm incredibly grateful and humbled by the chance to have one of my simple weeknight meals sit alongside such passionate and talented bloggers.

I'll bet you can't guess what's going to be your Xmas present this year!

At the risk of The Fickle Hand of Fate crushing my head like a Kids in the Hall skit, just knowing a few things I did are published is such a thrill, like a major Bucket List item has been checked off. Not that I'm looking to step off this mortal coil anytime soon, but if I were to unceremoniously depart due to a freak radioactive spider accident or an unfortunate run-in with a sewer alligator down some dark urban alley, I think I could face the great beyond with a bit of contentment in my heart. But don't worry, I'm not looking to check out anytime soon. If anything, this just encourages me to see how much further I can push this rickety, duct-taped jalopy called, "Freelance Writer/Photographer, aka, Wasabi Prime," and be continually grateful for all the support you as readers, friends and family have given. None of this would be possible without you, so bless your hearts, every one.

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Denise!! Very well deserved. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the publications! Looks like so many amazing things are going on. :) Wish I could have made it to IFBC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations girly! So exciting :)

    ReplyDelete

Commentary encouraged. Fresh baked cookies, super-encouraged. (hit the 'post comment' button twice, sometimes it's buggy)